The rapidly changing socio, economic and political dynamics of the world and its rising complexities have necessitated the need to create synergies between the academia and the corporate world. Even the emerging development and management paradigms suggest that the two must come closer to each other from their separate domains and work together not only for the betterment of society but also to avoid mismatch between the demand and supply of quality human power. Moreover, if the university’s prime endeavors are to generate new knowledge by undertaking need based researches, equip students with the relevant knowledge, attitude and skills that will enable them to be effective citizens and provide them with employability in the industry and other organizations; it is important that the two constantly interact and build mutually benefiting relationship.
The Office of Corporate Affairs (OCA) of the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda is established to strengthen the university – industry relationship. OCA wishes to work towards garnering active support from industries of the state facilitating their involvement in research, training and placements of students.
To strengthen university-industries interface and create synergies between the academia and corporate world.
To raise university’s goodwill in industries and corporate ventures at the local, state and national level.
- Develop initiatives across campus to build and strengthen linkages with the industries and corporate of the state.
- Recognize and sustain existing university-industry partnerships and programs and establish new ones.
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination among all the industries of the university having/needing ties with industrial and corporate houses.
- Strengthen collaborations and facilitate coordination with industries for curriculum development, research, training and consultancy services as well as students placements.
- Organize workshops, seminars, symposia, meetings and undertake projects on topics of mutual interest.
- Mobilize corporate funding and grant.