The fast growing Indian economy needs young innovators who can work towards developing new technologies to combat climate change and met the net zero emission targets by 2050 as envisioned by UN. To succeed in this new evolved and challenging fashion world, designers need to do much more than competently sketch garments on sheets of paper.
This studio-based programme encourages and facilitates innovative design and production through creative exploration, applied research and collaborative enterprise. Our courses are developed to reflect current industry practices, extend students’ market knowledge, explore enterprise opportunities and sensitize them towards adopting slow fashion strategies.
Our B.Sc (Hons) Textile and Apparel Design programme has built a reputation for producing professional, highly talented and skilled design graduates with advanced technical and business knowledge to propel them into the industry as well as they build strong liaisons with the artisan community.
Our students have brought lot of laurels to the institute. One such, exceptional achievement was at the Consortium of Green Fashion, including the Most Commercially Viable collection and The Best Collection awards
With access to the latest technology, including Adobe Design Suite, tukatech suite for computerised aided design, the students master all the skills needed to make it in the industry, following in the footsteps of many successful fashion designers
The Annual Fashion show ‘KAIROS’ is one of the most awaited events amongst the fashion conscious community of Vadodara and Gujarat.
During their association with the institute the students under the guidance of highly professional mentors develop their individual design philosophy and style. Pertaining to their interests and choices placement assistance is also provided by the Institute.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
Aim of the department is to impart holistic understanding for creative design and use of Information and Communication Technology in Textile and Apparel Design.
- To provide theoretical and practical understanding of technical processes, innovation and business enterprise and their interaction with design.
- To equip the students with necessary skills for designing and creativity with the use of modern technology.
- To develop organizational and managerial abilities to harness design innovation and problem solving techniques.
- To develop students’ ability to research effectively by identifying, assimilating, interpreting and applying technical, market and business information through sound and innovative research methods.
- To develop linkages with industry, government and non – government organizations in organizing professional programmes for imparting technical skills and capacity building at different levels.
Designers are inherently creative people, and so they can put their minds to any venture and its going to be. Thus, a lot of fields and job prospects open up for them. They can be employed in various roles such as Fashion Designer, Design Consultant, Fashion Stylist, Fashion Co-ordinator, Fashion Buyer, Retail Buyer, Merchandiser, Visual Merchandiser, Costume Designer, Textile Designer, Fashion Content Writer and Blogger, Fashion and Trend Forecaster, Sustainable Design Consultant and Academician
- Well Qualified Tutors
- Industrial Training
- Apparel/ Fashion Software
- Annual Students’ Exhibition- SAMVAAY
- Educational Trips and Field Visits
- Annual Graduation Show - Kairos
- Strong Industrial Liaisons
INTERNSHIP AND PLACEMENTS
- ArvindMills Ltd
- Gokuldas Exports Ltd
- Raymonds Ltd
- KevalKiran Ltd
- Shahi Exports
Non Government Organisations
- Craft Roots
- Manish Arora
- Gaurang Shah
- Rahul Mishra
- Anuj Sharma
- GarimonReferos Couture
- Aarti Vijay Gupta
- 109 Degree F
- Lee Cooper
- Devraj Das