GATI is an initiative launched by the DST, government of India. It was launched by the honourable president of India on National Science day 28 February 2020.
It aims for the:
- Development of a framework to improve gender parity in S &T Research and development at institutional level.
- Develop Standard framework to measure organizational strengths and weaknesses in area of gender equity.
- Influence the development of institutional policies for gender equality and support to women.
- Evolve and provide Accreditation Guidance based on best national/international practices.
- Develop suitable support mechanism for the institutions empowering women and improving gender parity.
- Develop capacity building at institutional level by incorporating national and international best practices in 30 institutions as pilot
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, is a premier unitary residential University that offers academic programmes ranging from early childhood to Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate as well as doctoral level programmes. The university aims to provide a learning environment that nurtures critical reflections, research and innovation among students. Major areas of research in the STEMM departments include Basic and Applied research in the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Engineering, Computer Science, Life Sciences, Environmental Science and Medicine.
Below is the graphical representation of Students and Women Faculties at the STEMM departments of our university:
Tagore Chair Humanities