Department of Chemistry:
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1949 simultaneously with establishment of the university. From the very beginning both teaching and research remained very important in this department. In teaching, the classroom as well as laboratory teaching is given equal importance. The syllabi of various courses, offered by the department, are regularly updated. Both, the academic and industrial, researches are conducted in the department with the funding from government organizations as well as Indian and Foreign industrial establishments. Research collaborations with foreign universities are also a feature of the department.