Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Policy Research & International Studies:
Bharat Ratna Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Policy Research & International Studies "The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Policy Research and International Studies (AIPRIS) is the first of its kind institution under a university set-up in the Western India. It will serve as a vibrant research institution as well as a think-tank on matters of public policy, security and foreign policy, development issues etc. AIPRIS shall address the need for moving beyond the perspectives of metropolitan think tanks and encourage diversified visions and understandings of public policies. When India is set to emerge as a major player at the global level, the institution’s activities will help generate concrete, actionable ideas for harnessing India’s strategic, economic, social and demographic capabilities for its national security and human development."
The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Policy Research and International Studies (AIPRIS) is a nonpartisan institution under the umbrella of a public university to emerge as a think tank of excellence engaged with core themes of public policy and international studies, with a special focus on concerns that are relevant for the Western India region. The Institute is aims at generating and disseminating actionable knowledge through analytical, interdisciplinary studies and applied research. It would stimulate informed and critical debates on policy issues and increase public participation in such debates. Its principal beneficiaries would be academic experts, researchers, public policy professionals, civil society organisations, media and others. The Institute would emerge as a hub for networking and partnership among similar think tanks and centres in India and abroad. The Institute’s activities would help build and strengthen bridges between academia and government agencies involved with public policy making and execution.
The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Policy Research and International Studies aims:
2. To offer capacity-building and training programmes on relevant areas of international studies and public policy.
3. To promote exchange of idea through webinars, conclaves, seminars, workshops, public lectures etc.
4. To offer certificate and diploma programmes.
5. To invite distinguished scholars and practitioners as adjunct fellows and experts for sharing ideas and perspectives
6. To publish books, occasional papers and monographs through conventional and digital modes
7. To make impact assessment of government programmes and schemes
8. To offer internship opportunities to postgraduate students and research scholars
9. To carry out such activities that enhance awareness and understanding of public policy issues and international affairs