Institute of Fashion Technology:
The Institute of Fashion Technology (IFT) is the first of its kind in Vadodara, which includes multiple disciplines under the same roof mainly to create educational, social and business opportunities for the fashion and apparel industries. The Institute was created with the vision that fashion education needs to remain competitive and provide employment in the rapidly changing fashion industry. The various programs offered by the institute run under the aegis of the premier departments in the field of Family and Community Sciences i.e. Clothing and Textiles and Extension and Communications.
IFT established in 2013 by the Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, is a leading institute in delivering personalized creative education including: Under Graduate programmes in Textile and Apparel Design, Garment Technology, Fashion Communication and Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Retailing and Merchandising. IFT works towards developing individuality and challenging the conventional teaching pedagogy which uses a blanket approach for all the students. Students at IFT experience an individualized approach and continuous mentoring from the experienced tutors. IFT has an eclectic mix of students from all over India and abroad to a vibrant and engaging training environment, The learning environment at IFT is very supportive, motivating and inspiring – a vibrant melting pot of individuals with ideas, all with something valuable to bring to the table, the curiosity to explore their creativity, and the positive outlook and ownership to flourish and succeed.
Our team of experienced tutors have vast experience in diverse areas of fashion and allied modules. They offer a wealth of knowledge by inculcating in students their individual development and offering insight, consistent personalized feedback and mentorship, focused on developing observation skills and hands on skills. Finally this culminates in them being a confident individual ready to enter the world of fashion and contribute towards a fashion environment that is sustainable and long lasting.
To provide professional education in a stimulating environment making the learning process enriching by nurturing creative, technical and entrepreneurial talents with a holistic approach and capture explicitly the character of the education paradigm.
• To be a premier institute providing opportunities and experiences for innovation through conceptual process emphasizing curiosity, imagination, improvisation and play.
• To provide experiential learning by recognising the changes in economic and business environment nationally and globally.
• To identify opportunities for newer linkages and tie-ups across institutional, national and international boundaries in order to create newer opportunities for the development of the community.
• To prepare the students to envisage and face the challenges of the fashion industry and create the next generation of professionals to lead and serve the local and global community.
UG (Honors) Programmes in:
1. Textiles and Apparel Design
2. Fashion and Apparel Technology
3. Fashion Communication
P. G. Diploma in:
1. Fashion Retailing and Merchandising.
For UG programmes:
The applicant should have passed Std. 12th (H.S.C.) - Science / General Stream or equivalent Examination from a recognized board with ENGLISH as one of the subjects.
If the applicant has passed XII Examination without English as a subject but through English as a medium of instruction in school, a certificate from the school needs to be attached stating particulars about medium of instruction.
For PG programme:
10+2+3/4 with English from Recognized University with Clothing/ Apparel/ Textile/ Fashion as a subject or any other related field.
• Textile and Apparel Design – 60
• Fashion Communication – 60
• Garment Technology – 40
• Post Graduation Diploma in Retailing and merchandising –30
• For UG programmes – Rs. 1,02,140 /- per annum (subject to revision)
• For PG programme – Rs. 50,600/- per annum (Subject to revision)
IFT Prospectus 2021-2022