Faculty of Fine Arts was founded in June 1950. For the first time in independent India, a programme of study was introduced to offer UG [Bachelor of Visual Art /Diploma in Visual Art, PG [Master in Visual Art /Post-Diploma in Visual Art and Master of Fine Arts [Museology] Courses and Research facilities in its various departments like Applied Arts, Painting, Sculpture, Print Making and Art History & Aesthetics . The emphasis was laid on individuality through knowledge of Indian and Western traditions. It has since then made a definite mark in the field of Visual Art and remained in the forefront of the art education scenario in the country. The Faculty has produced world-renowned artists in the course of seven decades of its conception. It has a history of outstanding faculties many of whom are recipients of Padma-Bhusan and Padma Shree Awards apart from being awarded numerous State, National, International Awards and Fellowships.