Women’s Grievance Redressal, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Counseling Cell (WGRC)
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara is committed to creating and maintaining a gender-sensitive and congenial democratic working environment in which students, teachers and non-teaching staff can work together in a community free of violence, harassment, exploitation, intimidation and stress. This includes all forms of gender violence, sexual harassment and discrimination on the basis of sex/gender or amongst the same sex members. Every member of the University should be aware that while the University is committed to the right to freedom of expression and association, it strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination and violence.
To facilitate a gender-sensitive and congenial working environment at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, a Women’s Grievance Redressal, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Counseling Cell (WGRC) has been formulated which provides an exclusive platform to women employees and girl students to air their grievances either in person or in writing.
The Cell will go beyond its brief of grievance redressal and play a more proactive role towards sensitization of the MSUB community towards gender issues in order to provide a congenial working atmosphere to its women employees. This would be undertaken through organization of seminars and workshops on issues related to women's legal rights, health and empowerment.
- WGRC holds sensitization and awareness programmes for students and teaching & non-teaching staff in every academic session in collaboration with Women’s Studies Research Centre(WSRC), MSUB.
- National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi sponsored ONE DAY BASIC TRAINING PROGRAMME ON HUMAN RIGHTS, 24th Feb. 2020 was organized by WGRC where 130 students from across faculties of MSUB were trained about Human Rights.
Objective of the Cell:
- The Cell will deal with the cases/complaints of sexual harassment and any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of the University.
- Monitor the functioning of ICC (Internal Complaints Committee) constituted in Faculties across the University.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints and take suitable action thereon in the manner and mode as per the University Act.
- The Cell shall be accountable to the Vice-Chancellor.
- At least 50 % of the members of the Cell may be women.
- At least one of the members of the Cell may be a person with a legal background.
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/ Colleges/ Institute for taking preventive steps in the matter of gender discrimination and sexual harassment.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Ex-officio President of the Cell and he/she may appoint a Chairperson and a Secretary from amongst the members of the Cell.
- The Cell may from / review the guidelines / policy for Redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court and Government Agencies.
Women’s Grievance and Counselling Cell
Commitee for Women’s Grievance Redressal, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Counseling Cell (WGRC) May 2018
Women’s Grievance Redressal, Prevention of Sexual Harassment and Counseling Cell (WGRC)Activity Report