UGC-CARE-Western region regional university:
To match global standards of high quality research, in all academic disciplines under its purview, the University Grants Commission (UGC) aspires to stimulate and empower the Indian academia through its “Quality Mandate”. A public notice was issued by the UGC, on the 28th of November, 2018, to announce the establishment of a dedicated Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) to carry out this mandate.
UGC has established Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (CARE) for creating and maintenance of “Reference List of Quality Journals (CARE List)”. Cell for Journals Analysis has been established by UGC at Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) Website of UGC CARE is: Consortium for Academic and Research Ethics (unipune.ac.in) UGC Cell at SPPU shall function under the supervision of CARE Empowered Committee (CARE – EC)
To facilitate submission of new journals, UGC has identified four regional Universities as CARE Universities.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (Northern Region)
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara (Western Region)
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad (Southern Region)
- Tezpur University, Assam (Eastern Region)
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda (MSU) has been given the responsibility for Western Region including the following States and Union Territories:
- Madhya Pradesh
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli
UGC-CARE List of Reference Journals
- The UGC-CARE List has only TWO groups, instead of the original FOUR groups to simplify the search process. These are NOT hierarchic or ranked groups.
UGC-CARE List Group I: Journals found qualified through UGC-CARE protocols
UGC-CARE List Group II: Journals indexed in globally recognised databases
- Recommending any journal, through the proper proforma and process is free and the UGC does not collect any fees for the same. However, it has come to our attention that universities are charging for such recommendations by their IQAC and other bodies. Researchers, editors and publishers are requested to note that no such charges have been imposed by the UGC.
- The UGC-CARE List is dynamic. It shall be updated quarterly i.e. on the first of January, April, July, and October (or on the next working day if there is a public holiday on these dates) every year
How to Recommend the journal?
Please sent an email with basic journal criteria to following email: