Centre for Intellectual Property Rights (IPR):
Intellectual Property (IP) is the product of the human intellect including creativity concepts, inventions, industrial models, trademarks, songs, literature, symbols, names, brands etc. IP plays an essential role in the teaching and research functions of universities. Through their R&D activities, universities produce results in the form of inventions, copyright, design, industrial models etc. Thus, universities need suitable IP awareness to protect their hard- earned work. The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has large number of students, researchers and faculties who have developed IP but are not able to protect, utilize and commercialize it. Faculty of Law, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has specialization in the field of Intellectual Property Law. It is against this background that the Faculty of Law has set up the first of its kind Center for Intellectual Property Rights with the following vision, mission and specific objective.
To emerge as the leading Centre for IPR in the state of Gujarat in management of Intellectual Property.
To facilitate, assist, consult and support students, researchers and faculty at The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and other professionals, organisations of the state for identifying, protecting and managing Intellectual Property effectively.
- To serve as a Nodal center for Industries, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs, Educational and Research Institutions for IPR related matters
- To foster, stimulate and encourage creative activities in the widest sense in all the areas in which academic, consultancy and research programmes are offered.
- To facilitate and smoothen the processing of patent and other IP by providing legal assistance
- To promote awareness on IPR among students and faculty members of the university in general and Legal fraternity in particular.
- To collaborate with premier Institutes across India and the world in organizing Certificate Course, Seminars and Conferences for the benefit of students and academicians so as to provide a platform of discussion and activities related to IPR.
- Launched the Program on 26th July 2022 at the hands of Hon'ble Vice Chancellor Prof. (Dr.) Vijay Kumar Srivastava.