Equal Opportunity Cell:
What is Equal Opportunity Cell?
India is potentially rich in human resources. To harvest the prestigious human resources and make the present education system inclusive, the degree of democratization of higher education has to be increased to a large extent. Colleges should become more responsive to the needs and constraints of the disadvantaged social groups. Therefore, the UGC has planned to establish Equal Opportunity Centers in colleges.
Aims and Objectives of Equal Opportunity Cell:
To oversee the effective implementation of policies and programmes for disadvantaged groups, to provide guidance and counselling with respect to academic, financial, social and other matters and to enhance the diversity within the campus.
- To ensure equity and equal opportunity to the community at large in the college and bring about social inclusion.
- To enhance the diversity among the students, teaching and non-teaching staff population and at the same time eliminate the perception of discrimination.
- To sensitize the college on the problems of SC/ST and other disadvantaged groups.
- Prevention of Discrimination on Campus
- Promoting inclusiveness and Diversity on Campus
- Remedial Coaching for students
- Guidance and Counselling service
- Awareness building and sensitization programmes