Office of International Affairs:
Set up in the year 2011, the Office of International Affairs of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, is a nodal point for all International Activities of the university and a coordinating Institute with Foreign Universities and academic bodies for its 14 Faculties, 3 Colleges and 20 Centers of Excellence.
The official address is A/2, Sevanti Baug, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Pratapgunj, Vadodara.
Working in collaboration with all the Faculties, Colleges, Institutes and Administration of the University, the OIA facilitates and implements MSU’s mission of global engagement and efforts to further enhance the international visibility and its recognition as a major international educational and research centre.
OIA is a single-window to deal with the admission and guidance of International /NRI/foreign nationals with Indian origin students. It also facilitates the admission of international students with the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship.
This office controls the admission of foreign students to Certificates/Diploma, UG, PG, Post-Graduate Diploma or Ph.D. programs and provides necessary guidance for securing admission along with registering the students with FRRO (Foreigners’ Regional Registration Office).
The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda has a large number of collaborations and partnership agreements with various well-known universities and educational institutions across the world. These collaborations focus on the mobility of teaching faculties and students through exchange programs, joint research and training programs.
The roles and responsibilities of the Office of International Affairs of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda include:
- Foreign student admission process:
- Self-financed international students seeking admission in any of the Certificate, Diploma, Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate, Ph.D. courses offered by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
- Admission of the international students with Indian Council Cultural Relations (ICCR) Scholarship in any of the Certificate, Diploma, Under-Graduate, Post-Graduate, Ph.D. courses offered by The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda.
- FRRO registrations: OIA is responsible for the foreigner registration of all the international students seeking admissions in The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, having a long term visa (more than 180 days) in the Ahmedabad regional Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) within 14 days of arriving in India.
- Exchange programs for students and staff: Incoming and Outgoing Exchange Programs for Students and Faculties with International Institutions.
- International Strategy Development and Deployment perspective plan: Enhancing the International Memorandum of Understanding (IMOUs) and academic collaboration documentation, travel and meetings: for Research and Study Programs through the Go- MSU- International (GOMSI) plan.
The Office of International Affairs works under the leadership of Hon. Vice-Chancellor of the University, Prof (Dr.) Primal Vyas, as a Chairman.
The office-bearers of the International Affairs are Prof (Dr.) Dhanesh Patel as the Director, Prof (Dr.) Vanisha Nambiar as the Deputy Director.
Dr Ranjitsingh Devkar (general) and Er. Ruturaj Gaekwad (ICCR) are the Coordinators and Dr Rajesh Kelkar is Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) Coordinator for MSU and link between MSU and Gujarat ICCR.
The office has also appointed 16 nodal officers from each Faculty of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, to facilitate Faculty level activities. The OIA office has one project officer, clerk and 3 peons to handle day to day activities and also offers paid internships to student volunteers.
Status of the activities at the office of international affairs (OIA).
- Enhancing the International Memorandum of Understanding (IMOUs) and academic collaboration – Over 65 MOUs with various academic institutions and bodies for various subjects across the 13 faculties of the MSU Baroda have been signed with the help of OIA.
- Travel and meetings for Research and Study Programs- OIA Director and Deputy Director have been engaged in pursuit of enhancing the global visibility of MSU Baroda. OIA routinely organizes interactive sessions, workshops and webinars with visiting faculties and organizations and hosts international delegations. It also hosts events from associations such as USIEF, DAAD, British Council and alike for the benefit of its staff and students.
- International student admissions- Currently, over 560 international students from 32 countries across the globe are studying in MSU Baroda.
- Projects: The Office of International Affairs is currently engaged with the collaborative project with the Erasmus Plus Program on Enhancing female Entrepreneurship in India (ENPRENDIA along with 5 European partners and 8 Indian partners.